Naija Donors as a platform is 100% safe and highly secured, the rest answer to the security of your account totally depends on your actions and best security practices which you are advised to possess. Here are a few things you can do to keep your account secure:
Protect your password
- Don’t use your Naija Donors password anywhere else online, and never share it with other people.
- Your password should be hard to guess, so don’t include your name or common words.
- Your password should be easy for you to remember but difficult for others to guess.
- Your Naija Donors password should be different than the passwords you use to log into other accounts, like your email or bank account.
- Longer passwords are usually more secure.
- Your password should not be your email, phone number or birthday.
Never share your login information
- Scammers may create fake websites that look like Naija Donors and ask you to login with your email and password.
- Always check the website’s URL before you enter your login information. When in doubt, type naijadonors.com into your browser to get to Naija Donors.
- Don’t forward emails from Naija Donors to other people, since they may have sensitive information about your account.
If you accidentally entered your username or password into a strange link, someone else might be able to log in to your account. Here are some things you can do.
- If you are able to log in to your account, learn how to secure your account by resetting your password while logged in and this will logout of any devices you don’t own.
- If you can’t get into your account and your username or password don’t work, learn how to recover your account.
You can always report immediately to our support team in cases where you’re unable to restore your account.
Log out of Naija Donors when you use a computer you share with other people
- If you forgot to, then you’re advised to immediately try to Change your password.
Watch out for malicious software
- Malicious software can cause damage to a computer, server or computer network.
- Learn the signs of an infected computer or device and how to remove malicious software.
- Keep your web browser up to date and remove suspicious applications or browser add-ons.
Never click suspicious links, even if they appear to come from a friend or a company you know
- Keep in mind that Naija Donors will never ask you for your password in an email.
- If you see a suspicious Campaign on Naija Donors, report it.